The 121-year-old parent body has been committed to “Empowerment of women through education”. The Institution has a century-long history of dedicated work towards making women educated and self-reliant. MKSSS, Pune was established in 1896, by the great visionary and social worker Bharat Ratna Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve provides shelter to destitute women.
Prof. D. K. Karve founded an Institution in a village called “Hingne” near Pune City. The Institution named as “Hingne Stree Shikshan Samstha”. Later on, the Institution renamed as “Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha”.
Prof. Karve founded this Institution with the objectives of upliftment, liberation and education of women who formed a major section of the socially downtrodden part of society. Prof. Karve dedicated his whole life to this humanitarian cause with great determination and courage. For his sacrifice and dedicated social work and his contribution to the noble cause, he was awarded “Bharat Ratna” the highest national award.
Academy of Information Technology’s vision is to empower women through advanced IT Education.
To develop competent young IT women professionals that will contribute effectively in the challenging, ever-changing IT Environment.
To provide manpower to Industry which is updated with Specialized Skills in Information Technology.
IT Advisory Committee
- Mrs. Vidya Kulkarni (Chairman, Management Committee)
- C.A. Mr. Vilas Potdar (Member AIT, Management Committee)
- Dr. P.V.S.Shastri (Secretary, MKSSS)
- Mr. Kiran Bhagwat (Founder, AFourTech)
- Mr. Mahesh Kulkarni (M.D., Co-founder AFourTech)
- Mr. Prem Apte (Director, Skill Gurukul)
- Dr. Bhooshan Kelakar (Director, Mobieusutra Consultency Pvt. Ltd.)
- Mr. Sandeep Gohad (Director, Kalpak Solutions)
- Mrs. Swati Sayankar (Convener, Principal, K.B. Joshi Institute Of IT)